What if we could turn even the worst of life’s pain and challenges into ways for us to be happier, better people? Many claim to have figured that out, but often come up short. But what if someone really had hacked that, after all? Then put it into a handbook? They did! It’s called Lojong. One way we can know it works is that it’s been tested, refined, and ever popular for literally ages. It’s recently come to America, and an American, Lama Tsomo, has brought a great deal of it to Happify. Join her for a journey deeper into the true nature of life and yourself, in this track.
- Apply Maxims to Your Life
- Lesson 1: Make Adversity the Path of Awakening
- Lesson 2: Awakening to what is apparently true and awakening to what is ultimately true.
- Reflection: What a world!
- Lesson 3: Work with Whatever You Encounter
- Lesson 4: Be grateful to everyone.
- Lesson 5: Be grateful to everyone: What about people who have caused us trouble?
- Activity: Light the way
- Lesson 6: When misfortune fills the world and its inhabitants, make adversity the path of awakening.
- Lesson 7: Drive all blames onto one.
- Reflection: Improving your practice
- Why it matters.
About the instructor
Lama Tsomo is an American lama, author, and co-founder of the Namchak Foundation and Namchak Retreat Ranch.
Born Linda Pritzker, Lama Tsomo followed a path of spiritual inquiry and study that ultimately led to her ordination as one of the few American lamas in Tibetan Buddhism.